I have had a roller coster feeling about the this subscription since they started (last October) but the moment I opened my last one I decided that this will be my last Cohorted Beauty Box and here is why!
Before I even received the box, they sent me this email,
Keep in mind that the previous month, the box already arrived delay, one of the products was exactly the same as the previous month, they did not include the perfume sample and there was not even a magazine inside the box with the products description as usual, so when I received this email with the same story over again I got extremely disappointed…
How could they possibly mess up another box again, not only advising you of possible delays, but also letting you know that one of the products not only not going to be in this box (even if it was in the products description magazine) but that you would need to wait until April’s one to receive it!
In the box:
- BareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment, I wasn’t quite sure what this product was so I went online and read a few reviews, apparently you apply this powder before you sleep and you wake up with a flawless skin, well…first of all I’m not a fan of sleeping with make up on and this is a tinted powder and secondly the reviews were just horrible… and to be very fair it was quite disappointed as it was the most expensive product of the box (apparently cost £45!)
- Elemis Pro Collagen Hydra gel eye mask, I haven’t tried this mask yet but I am actually really looking forward to it, I read very good reviews about this product and I really like the brand.
- Chanel, Illusion d’ombre long wear luminous eyeshadow, obviously the most excited product of the box and my favourite one! it also comes with a mini brush and the colour is just beautiful, you can build up the intensity giving you the opportunity to use it for a day or an evening look.
- Cargo mini lip gloss, as I have mentioned on previous posts, I’m not a very big fan of this brand, the shadows are not really pigmented and the gloss is extremely normal so nothing excited about this one (plus it is not a full size product).
- Dove under arms anti-marks, this product was the worst of the box, apparently was a substitution of the missing Pixi Crayon Combo. I don’t even understand this Dove product, under arms marks might be something that I’ve never hear of, but I even asked my friends and they did not have an idea of what they mean by that…
And to finish there was a LOLA perfume sample.
My diagnose to the box? is not worth the price…is one of the most expensive beauty boxes in the markets (£35 a month!) this is the second time that they are messing with the products and that’s why I have decided to end my subscription.
I, on the other hand, have discovered a new one (for less than half the price of Cohorted one) I have not received it yet so I will tell you all about it as soon as is here (can’t wait!)
Happy Wednesday Beauties!